10 stycznia 2015

Let's meet us! Gabi - originator of Erasmus evening

Gabriela Jelonek - student of two fields of studies, Political Science and Journalism at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (Poland). Full of energy and always smiling girl, who is initiator and originator of Erasmus evening. She also was on Erasmus exchange - in Madrid.

She works in two radio stations and always has a lot of stories to tell. In general, she speaks a lot ;)

Let's meet her!


"Incorrect optimist, trying to be everywhere at the same time and curious like a child thy to discover the World. Busy and crazy, but always full of joy and walking bravely marching with a smile from ear to ear. With all that stubborn like a donkey and to some extent irreformable person. My Mother always tells me, that when I was a baby I could not sleep without radio playing softly in the background... and so, it's like that to this days :) I fall in love unconditionally with radio, it has in itself incredible magnetism, which still attracts me... Maybe it's because of the music, which accompanies me - also as a dancer - from my childchood. Perhaps thanks to the people, without them the existence of the radio would not make sense. :)

Why I choose Spain for Erasmus exchange? Again I fall in love, this time with culture of this country. As a dancer, dancing mostly latin dances I always had contact with latin music, which I totally admire! Then I visited Spain and I decided, that this is destination of my Erasmus. But to get an exchange wasn't that easy. I was trying to get to Erasmus programm for 2 years. My university didn't want to let me go because of the language - at the beginning my level of spanish was just A2. So decided to do my best, first I was learning on my own, then I started studying spanish in language school. The next year I get the exchange and I made my dream come true!

I was studying in Madrid at Universidad Complutense de Madrid. And – this is a myth, that on Erasmus you are partying all the time! True is that I had more hours of classes in Madrid than in Poznań. I hated that when I was there, but at the same time I’m happy, because thanks of that I pick up the spanish language so quickly.

I really like traveling, also by hitchhiking. My first Erasmus exchange enabled me a lot of journeys, so I'm planning to go for "Erasmus+"now! Or maybe for Erasmus practice - I still don't know, but for sure I won't sit in one place. For sure Erasmus is one of the best experiences in my life – I met a lot of amazing people, I’ve seen a lot of beautiful places and now I know how it is to live in other country.

After that I’m hungry of more experiences!

Remember: ONCE ERASMUS, FOREVER ERASMUS! ;)

P.S.: This is one of my Erasmus songs. Enjoy ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFs3PIZb3js

P.S.2: During my Erasmus I was also working in spanish radio, but also I was recording program for my radio in Poland – Radio Meteor . I recorded 10 broadcasts of “Erasmus postcard” in polish language. You can listen to it here http://www.mixcloud.com/gabrielajelonek/playlists/poczt%C3%B3wka-z-erasmusa/ "


7 komentarzy:

  1. You go girl! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Gabi, when we can listen program about Spain?? Maybe with some spanish in Poznan? :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Next week! :) Our guest will be a student from Zaragoza, who is studying second time in Poznań!

      Usuń
    2. awesome :D

      Usuń
  3. Gabi, the idea of that radio show is great! Let me know when will be the new ones. /Mark

    OdpowiedzUsuń